The purpose of this document is to ensure that quality service is provided at all times in Iranian airspace, and also so that a Controller will never find himself submerged, and unable to cope.
It is mandatory for all IVAO members controlling an Iranian position to follow these guidelines. Users who do not comply may be asked to close their position.
- Active Controllers should be able to use all functions of IvAc, and have read the manual thoroughly;
- Controller Shall be act according to their knowledge and ability to select the units;
- All Controllers must maintain their ATIS with the following information:
- Position name (Full name, not ICAO code. e.g. ‘Mehrabad Approach’, not OIII_APP)
- Voice channel (MANDATORY)
- Weather / runway information / TA/TL (if applicable)
- No unnecessary remarks in the remarks section
- The language used for aviation in Iran is English and must be used at all times;
- All Controllers MUST use standard phraseology at all times;
- When available, Controllers should read and understand the appropriate airport/sector procedures before logging on. If you should have any doubts please don’t hesitate to contact the FIR chief, or ATC department, or Training department.
- Controllers are REQUIRED to have all applicable charts available while on duty (for Center Controllers this can be quite a bunch).
- Controllers MUST make proper use of all data-tag labels (cleared waypoint, cleared speed, and cleared altitude) when handing-off to adjacent sectors. We highly recommend you use these functions at all times;